UPDATE: Citi Upgrades Momo Inc. (MOMO) to Buy
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Citi analyst Hillman Chan upgraded Momo Inc. (NASDAQ: MOMO) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $19.30 (from $16.10).
The analyst comments "Momo’s 4Q20 rev was RMB3.80bn (+1% qoq or -19% yoy), 2%/3% ahead of our/consensus of RMB3.71bn/3.68bn. Adj. net profit was RMB836mn, 33%/35% above our/consensus, driven by better gross margin, opex savings and reverse of over-accrued tax expense. The company guided 1Q21 rev at RMB3.36-3.46bn (3.7%-6.5% yoy decline), with the mid-point 3% above consensus. Current market cap excluding net cash implies 2.5x 2022E P/E, pricing in the continued rev decline. We expect core Momo quarterly live streaming rev to bottom out in 1Q21E and model a qoq recovery starting from 2Q21E (+7%/+3%/+5% qoq for 2Q/3Q/4Q21E). Hence upgrade to Buy/1H on cheap valuation relative to peers and catalyst on core Momo live streaming rev qoq rebound from 2Q21E. We lift SOTP-based TP to US$19.3. Downside risks include 1) decreasing MAU/ user engagement; 2) worse-than-expected regulation limitation on tipping amount."
Shares of Momo Inc. closed at $13.95 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- CyberAgent Inc. (4751:JP) (CYGIY) PT Raised to JPY2,100 at Goldman Sachs
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (9901:HK) PT Lowered to HK$145 at JPMorgan
- HSBC Upgrades NCsoft Corp (036570:KS) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!