UPDATE: Bernstein Starts Tilray (TLRY) at Market Perform
- European stocks get tech lift, UBS climbs on naming Ermotti as CEO
- Lululemon surges 15% on earnings, guidance beat; Stifel says shares still 'undervalued'
- UBS brings back Sergio Ermotti as CEO to oversee Credit Suisse takeover
- Micron Q2 results fall short of estimates amid weaker demand
- Oil gains for 3rd day on Kurdish supply concern, easing banking fears
Get Alerts TLRY Hot Sheet
4 Buy, 15 Hold, 5 Sell
Rating Trend: Up
Today's Overall Ratings:
Up: 6 | Down: 3 | New: 29
Join SI Premium – FREE
Bernstein analyst Nadine Sarwat initiates coverage on Tilray (NASDAQ: TLRY) with a Market Perform rating and a price target of $3.90.
The analyst comments "Tilray is in many ways the highest quality company in our cannabis coverage. Its portfolio is well diversified across global cannabis (37% of net sales), distribution (41%), beverage alcohol (12%) and wellness (9%). This has allowed it to weather the volatility in Canadian cannabis better than others. Its cultivation and footprint in Germany makes it the best positioned to benefit from potential German recreational legalization. Tilray's cannabis business has best-in-class gross margins, and we expect the group to be free cash flow positive this fiscal year (F23). However, like other large LPs, Tilray has suffered from meaningful share loss in Canadian cannabis, although there are now signs that this has stabilized. In the long-term, its distribution business is growth and margin dilutive. And with most of its operations in Canada or Europe, the strong USD will be a meaningful headwind in F23. Net, we believe the balance of these factors is fairly reflected in Tilray's price today. We would be more constructive if Tilray regains meaningful share in Canada and/or Germany legalizes recreational cannabis."
For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on Tilray click here. For more ratings news on Tilray click here.
Shares of Tilray closed at $4.07 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citi Upgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Buy
- Stifel Starts Bowlero Corp. (BOWL) at Buy, 'Even “The Dude” Knows BOWL Should Be More Satisfying Than a White Russian'
- Regis Resources Ltd. (RRL:AU) (RGRNF) PT Raised to AUD3.10 at Macquarie
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesSanford C. Bernstein
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!