UPDATE: Argus Double Downgrades Monsanto (MON) to Sell Following Acquisition
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- China Property Titan Evergrande (EGRNF) Collapses to 11-Year Lows, Analysts Wary of Domino Effect
- Morgan Stanley Reiterates Overweight on US Steel (X) After Q3 Guidance and Deleveraging Update, Shares Down 12% Since Thursday
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - April 16, 2018 7:49 AM EDT)
(updated to add analyst comment)
Argus downgraded Monsanto (NYSE: MON) from Buy to Sell.
Analyst Bill Selesky comments "the Department of Justice has now granted conditional approval of the company’s merger with Bayer. Although the deal still requires approval from Canadian and Mexican regulators, we now expect it to be completed by the end of the second quarter. We note that MON shares are now trading only 2% below the acquisition price of $128 per share."
The analyst expects the deal with Bayer to completed by the end of Q2.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades Protagonist Therapeutics (PTGX) to Neutral
- Beijing Thunisoft Corp Ltd (300271:CH) PT Lowered to RMB20.50 at Goldman Sachs
- Cie de Saint-Gobain (SGO:FP) (CODYY) PT Raised to EUR75 at Societe Generale
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesArgus, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!