UPDATE: AMD (AMD) PT Raised to Street High $40 at Rosenblatt
- U.S. stocks, dollar sluggish, all eyes on Fed meet this week
- Tesla (TSLA) Tops Q2 EPS by 49c, Revenues Beat
- Chinese Tech Stocks Crushed on Fresh Regulatory Pressure
- Nearly $1 Billion Bitcoin (BTC) Shorts Liquidated Today Amid Amazon (AMZN) Rumors
- Aon (AON) and Willis Towers Watson (WLTW) Mutually Agree to Terminate Combination Agreement
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 11, 2018 9:04 AM EDT)
(updated to add analyst comment)
Rosenblatt analyst Hans Mosesmann raised the price target on AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) to Street High $40.00 (from $30.00) while maintaining a Buy rating.
He cites faster ramp in 7nm GPU computer and notes that he is positioning his move today for mid-to-longer term investors.
The analyst comments "AMD’s move over the past several quarters and going forward reminds us of the setup we witnessed with NVDA (NVDA: Buy) nearly 3-years ago when that company transformed from a PC graphics play to a compute powerhouse. However, we stress and cauton that recent enthusiasm on AMD share appears may be implying much faster “CPU” share gains in servers than history would suggest. Server share transitons take tme. We contnue to view AMD achieving 5% server CPU share in 4Q18 and 10% 4-5 quarters thereafer."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Rosenblatt Starts Altair Engineering (ALTR) at Buy
- Kobe Bussan Co Ltd (3038:JP) PT Raised to JPY3,500 at Morgan Stanley
- Yageo Corp. (2327:TT) PT Raised to NT$900 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!