Tesla's (TSLA) Elon Musk Will Update the 2006 Master Plan, Which He Has Followed to a T
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- AT&T (T) in Talks to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) - WSJ
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
On Sunday, Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) CEO Elon Musk gave investors - worried about autopilot crashes and slower-than-expected deliveries - something to get excited about. In a morning tweet, Musk said: "Working on Top Secret Tesla Masterplan, Part 2. Hoping to publish later this week."
For those wondering what Tesla Masterplan Part 1 was, they can read about it in a 2006 Elon Musk blog post here.
In short it was:
- Build sports car
- Use that money to build an affordable car
- Use that money to build an even more affordable car
- While doing above, also provide zero emission electric power generation options
As Tesla analyst Trip Chowdhry of Global Equities Research explains - while seemingly out of left field, there was no randomness to Tesla's move to acquire SolarCity (NASDAQ: SCTY).
Chowdhry said Tesla may add its context to the Industry Creation Equation: TSLA + SCTY = Power Generation + Power Storage + Power Consumption = Your New Utility Provider.
He recommends investors read Elon's 2006 blog.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Bulls Weigh in on 'Head Scratching' 180 Degree Turn By Musk on Bitcoin, One Analyst Still See the Crypto Heading to $4M
- Rigel Pharma (RIGL) Names Alison L. Hannah, M.D. to Board
- Innovative Industrial Properties Inc. (IIPR) Reports Acquisition of Pennsylvania Property
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Corporate News, Insiders' Blog, Management Comments, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Definitive Agreement, Trip Chowdhry
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!