Tesla's (TSLA) Bitcoin Purchase Marks a Significant Strategic Move - Wedbush
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives reiterated an Outperform rating and $950.00 price target on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) after the company announced, in a filing, that the Audit Committee updated the investment policy to allow for investing an aggregate of $1.50 billion in bitcoin and may acquire and hold digital assets from time to time. In addition, Tesla expects to begin accepting bitcoin as a form of payment for its products/cars in the future which is a potential game changing move for the use of bitcoin from a transactional perspective.
The analyst stated "this morning's news formalizes the strategy of Musk and Tesla diving into the deep end of the pool of bitcoin and crypto. From a stock perspective, as we have seen with Microstrategy (and Saylor), this move could put more momentum into shares of Tesla as more investors start to value the company's bitcoin/crypto exposure as part of the overall valuation. Ultimately, investors and other industry watchers will be watching this closely to see if other corporations follow the lead of Tesla on this crypto path or on the other hand does it remain a contained few names that make this strategic jump around bitcoin. We maintain our $950 price target and $1,250 bull case".
Shares of Tesla closed at $870.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) call put ratio 1.3 calls to 1 put as shares sell off 1.6%
- Active options: TSLA AAPL CLOV NIO AMD WFC AMZN PLTR PINS
- UPDATE: Loop Capital Starts Coinbase Global Inc. (COIN) at Buy, 'Lots of Runway Before Takeoff'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesTesla, Definitive Agreement, Bitcoin
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!