Tesla Motors (TSLA) PT Raised to $258 at Citi
- Wall St extends recovery at end of volatile week
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Citi analyst Itay Michaeli raised the price target on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) to $258.00 (from $225.00) while maintaining a Sell rating.
The analyst comments "We expect Tesla shares to recover some ground on Monday as Mr. Musk’s settlement injects a much needed dose of stability. That said, the SEC settlement doesn’t mark the end of the go-private saga, as substantial legal/regulatory/reputational risks remain (including DOJ)—all with the backdrop of a weak balance sheet. We still worry that the ramifications of last week’s events might linger on broader sentiment. With the settlement aside, the focus will now shift to Q3. To that, Sunday’s press reports (citing an employee memo from Mr. Musk) suggesting that Tesla is “very close to achieving profitability” will likely be interpreted differently by bulls & bears alike (“profitability” wasn’t defined), though “very close” probably won’t be viewed as wildly bullish, in our view. We’re lifting our price target to $258 from $225 on reduced downside risk post the SEC settlement, while still reflecting the lingering risks and overhangs that remain. We’re sticking with a Sell/High Risk rating until we can better assess the full legal/financial/reputational implications of the go-private saga, as well as the H2 financial picture including the sustainability of Model 3 demand/ASPs. With the expectation that the shares bounce back Monday, we still view the risk/reward as skewed somewhat negatively right now. "
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Bulls Weigh in on 'Head Scratching' 180 Degree Turn By Musk on Bitcoin, One Analyst Still See the Crypto Heading to $4M
- Ginkgo Bioworks and Soaring Eagle Acquisition (SRNG) have agreed to business combination
- Canadian Tire Corp Ltd. (CTC/A:CN) (CDNAF) PT Raised to Cdn$242 at Scotiabank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCiti, Tesla, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!