Stock Market Bull Daniel Ives Introduces 'Wedbush Tech Playbook'
- Wall Street ends mixed after punishing week
- '3600 is the New Bull Case': Outflows from Energy and Materials Highest in Several Years - BofA
- Dollar catches a break after bruising week as investors turn risk averse
- Apple (AAPL) is a 'Compelling Name To Own' Right Now, iPhone Sales Trending Ahead of Guidance - Wedbush's Ives
- Deere (DE) Falls on Sales Miss, JPMorgan Sees 'Aggressive' Guidance and Downside Risk
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives, one of the most prominent tech bulls on the Street, has put together the Wedbush Tech Playbook, designed “to pick up the best disruptive tech names.”
Ives argues that the market is currently in the most complex macro backdrop in 100 years. Still, he feels the selling is nearly overdone and better days are ahead for tech winners.
“In a nutshell, this is not a Dot-com Bubble 2.0 in our opinion, its a massive over correction in a higher rate environment that will cause a bifurcated tech tape with clear HAVES and HAVE NOTS of tech. Will there be the Pets.com, Webvan, Worldcom, and Global Crossings of 2022? Sure there will be many tech and EV players that go away or consolidate, but we pick the winners from our vantage point,” Ives said in a client note.
Top large-cap picks are Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT), and Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA). As for cybersecurity names, the list is headed by Palo Alto Networks (NASDAQ: PANW), Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS), Check Point (NASDAQ: CHPK), etc.
The Value Tech with Strong End Markets group of companies includes NICE (NASDAQ: NICE), Verint (NASDAQ: VRNT), and Progress Software (NASDAQ: PRGS). Finally, top EV names to consider are Tesla, Li-Cycle (NYSE: LICY), XOS Trucks (NASDAQ: XOS), and Hyzon Motors (NASDAQ: NYZN).
“Our tech playbook list is combination of tech stalwarts, healthy exposed end market tech names, and value tech stocks to navigate this dark storm. Can we be wrong? Of course! and we have been wrong many times like every other human over the years in the markets. HOWEVER, our strength over the decades has been handholding in the storms and picking the tech winners in times of panicwhich is why we wrote this piece for our clients in this scary market backdrop,” the analyst concluded.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Falls Over 4% as Investors Fret About More Musk Attacks
- Tesla (TSLA) options active on 1.6M contracts with focus on expiring May puts
- 'Epic Disaster': Tech Bull Daniel Ives Cuts Tesla (TSLA) Stock Price Target by $400 on 'Hard to Ignore' China Lockdowns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot List, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!