Stifel Upgrades ChemoCentryx (CCXI) to Buy on Amendment To Avacopan NDA
- Dow, S&P 500 end with gains up after bumpy week, but Nike drags
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel analyst Dae Gon Ha upgraded ChemoCentryx (NASDAQ: CCXI) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $31.00 (from $26.00).
The analyst commented, "Amendment to the avacopan NDA (ANCA-associated vasculitis [AAV]) comes as a positive surprise to us and we see a more favorable risk/reward heading into the new PDUFA date of October 7 (vs. July 7). Our caveat is that an amendment does not equate to guaranteed approval, but we think FDA's receptivity towards additional data/analyses in light of the unmet need and a standard of care (SoC) in need of innovation resurfaces the question on FDA's 'flexibility' when reviewing drug applications. Further, if history is any guide PDUFA extensions may portend a more positively inclined outcome by the FDA. While a complete response letter (CRL) is still formally possible by the PDUFA date, we are upgrading CCXI to Buy with TP $31 (vs. $26 previously)."
Shares of ChemoCentryx closed at $13.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Yum China Holdings, Inc (9987:HK) (YUMC) PT Lowered to HK$554 at Citi
- Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (Z:IN) PT Raised to INR400 at Kotak
- Yum China Holdings, Inc (9987:HK) (YUMC) PT Lowered to HK$573.30 at Nomura/Instinet
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Trader Talk, Upgrades
Related EntitiesStifel, PDUFA, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!