Stifel Downgrades Threshold Pharmaceuticals (THLD) to Hold
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
Stifel downgraded Threshold Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: THLD) from Buy to Hold after the company announced negative topline data from both of its Phase III trials for TH-302 in pancreatic cancer and sarcoma.
Analyst Thomas Shrader commented, "Despite very positive phase II data, the pancreatic cancer again narrowly missed the OS endpoint (HR=0.84). The sarcoma trial showed no treatment effect. Based on the overwhelming preclinical data that TH-302 was reaching and penetrating tumors with an active chemotherapy we believe these results cast significant doubt on the fundamental focus of Threshold’s pipeline. The company currently has about $56.4 million in cash and this forms the basis of our valuation."
Shares of Threshold Pharmaceuticals closed at $3.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley Downgrades GDS Holdings (GDS) to Equalweight
- Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) Outlook is Better Than Perceived - Jefferies
- Beijing Enterprises Holdings (392:HK) PT Lowered to HK$27.30 at HSBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!