Raymond James Upgrades ConocoPhillips (COP) to Strong Buy
- Wall Street ends down as data spooks investors awaiting Fed report
- Roblox (RBLX) Lower as DAUs Fall Sequentially
- DraftKings (DKNG) Plunges as Hindenburg's Report Indicates Betting Company's Links to Black Market Operations
- Oracle (ORCL) Tops Q4 EPS by 23c
- U.S. retail sales take step back as spending pivots to services, trend remains strong
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Raymond James analyst Pavel Molchanov upgraded ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) from Outperform to Strong Buy with a price target of $85.00 (from $80.00).
The analyst commented, "Despite ~$1B in one-time costs associated with the Concho acquisition, Conoco generated nearly $1B in FCF during the first quarter alone. Now that those costs are behind them, we have Conoco delivering roughly $2B worth of FCF every single quarter for the next two years at strip prices. By itself, the organic FCF works out to a healthy 8%/10% FCF/EV yield in 2021/2022 (impressive for a company of their size), but it is also being supplemented by proceeds from the announced sale of their CVE stake (~$1.6B value with more details below). Adding to all this, COP has a commitment to return at least 30% of all operating cash flow to shareholders (averaging 43% since 2016), an already strong balance sheet (plans to strengthen it by $5B over 5-years) and maximum exposure to our bullish commodity outlook (FCF yield of nearly 16% in 2022 under RJ commodity forecast). As such, we are upgrading COP to Strong Buy rating and raising our target price to $85/share."
Shares of ConocoPhillips closed at $55.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Raymond James Upgrades Welltower, Inc. (WELL) to Strong Buy
- UBS Upgrades Oiln (OLN) to Buy; too many improvement to ignore
- HOYA Corporation (7741:JP) (HOCPF) PT Raised to JPY15,900 at JPMorgan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesRaymond James, Pavel Molchanov, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!