Raymond James Downgrades ChemoCentryx (CCXI) to Outperform
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Raymond James analyst Steven Seedhouse downgraded ChemoCentryx (NASDAQ: CCXI) from Strong Buy to Outperform with a price target of $51.00 (from $120.00).
The analyst commented, "To be clear, our downgrade to Outperform from Strong Buy is based on reduced conviction in avacopan being approved by July 7 PDUFA given Thursday’s AdCom discussion and vote. However, if approved we still think avacopan is a blockbuster drug and will be adopted as standard of care in ANCA vasculitis (our view supported by physician and patient commentary during open session of the AdCom and even one panelist acknowledging that if approved it will be used as front line alternative to steroids). We’re actually not changing our unadjusted avacopan estimates (~$1.9B peak unadjusted U.S. sales), only our probability of success (now at 50% vs. 100% prior). Yes, we’re calling this a pure coin flip between now and July 7. Avacopan should be approved and we think certain AdCom panelists were unreasonable and unprepared (e.g., wanted larger safety database, more trials, unrealistic trial designs for this serious and rare disease). But a 10-8 vote favoring avacopan on the key risk/benefit question (with one yes qualifying her answer as meaning yes in context of a confirmatory trial) informs our new coin flip model. With the stock halted at $27.49/share before the panel, stock was pricing in ~26% probability of approval (Exhibit 1) so we think stock should actually trade up in the coming days on the basis of our PoS vs. what market was pricing in."
Shares of ChemoCentryx closed at $27.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Jefferies Downgrades Las Vegas Sands (LVS) to Hold
- Phoenix Group Holdings (PHNX:LN) (PHXXF) PT Raised to GBP9 at Credit Suisse
- After a Series of Video Game Release Delays, BMO Downgrades Take-Two (TTWO) to Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesRaymond James, PDUFA, AdCom
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!