Procter & Gamble (PG) Slips on Soft Guidance, Analysts Disappointed
- U.S. stocks lower at close of trade; Dow Jones Industrial Average down 1.54%
- Micron Technology (MU) Shares Decline After Revenue, Guidance Misses Expectations
- Nike Shares Down 2% Despite Better Than Expected Q1 Results
- Apple (AAPL) Extends Decline as BofA Downgrades to Neutral on More Balanced Risk/Reward
- Meta Platforms (META) to Freeze Hiring and Restructure Teams - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shares of P&G (NYSE: PG) are down 3.6% in premarket trading on Friday after the company offered disappointing full-year guidance.
PG reported a core EPS of $1.21 that missed the estimate of $1.23. Net sales came in at $19.52 billion, slightly ahead of the $19.38 billion consensus. P&G reported negative organic volume growth of -1% while analysts were looking for +0.58%.
The company said it expects to generate organic revenue growth of +3% to +5%, missing the consensus of +5.19%. PG expects diluted net EPS growth of +4% compared to FY 2022 EPS of $5.81, which equates to $5.93 per share.
Stifel analyst Mark S. Astrachan said the results were disappointing and “somewhat transitory.”
“Overall we view the result as disappointing, particularly given consistency and outperformance in recent years. That said, we anticipate sales underperformance to be mostly transitory, including results from Russia, China, and SKII. We anticipate F2023 consensus moves down ~1%-2%, with PG shares underperforming similarly,” Astrachan wrote in a research note.
Goldman Sachs analyst Jason English is also disappointed as he believes PG reported results and outlook that “fall short of an already lowered bar.”
“Most investors expected EPS guidance to come in below the Street at the mid-point, but the range provided is still below what most we spoke with expected. All-in, we would expect the stock to trade down on the quarter miss and guide-below,” English said.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CarMax (KMX) Drops 15% After a 'Horrendous' Earnings Report
- Paychex (PAYX) Shares Rise Following Earnings, No Surprises States Analyst
- Analyst Explains Why Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) Stock is Rallying Despite a Big EPS Loss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Hot List
Related EntitiesStifel, Goldman Sachs, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!