Piper Sandler Defending Sunrun (RUN), Upgrades to Overweight
- Bonds take a breather, Tencent tumbles
- Oil rises as markets expect continuous fall of inventories
- Tencent (TCEHY) Falls Sharply as State Media Describes Online Games as ‘Spiritual Opium’, Company Vows to Improve
- Kiwi dollar, Aussie jump on central bank talk
- Sanofi (SNY) to Acquire mRNA Specialist Translate Bio (TBIO) for $3.2 Billion
(Updated - April 16, 2021 6:19 AM EDT)
Piper Sandler analyst Kashy Harrison upgraded Sunrun (NASDAQ: RUN) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $77.00.
The analyst comments "Since the middle of February, solar stocks have come under significant duress due to a combination of rising interest rates, regulatory uncertainty associated with net energy metering in CA, a lack of imminent catalysts, and a remarkable 2020 run. The recent move lower in the equities, however, is somewhat of a head-scratcher. 10 year US Treasury yields have recently moved lower (not higher), the market has line of sight toward longterm federal policy support via the "America Jobs Plan," recent transactions highlight the group's advantaged cost of capital even within a rising interest rate environment, and CA utilities are unlikely to win the NEM battle. Given recent share price weakness (down 51% vs. the recent peak) coupled with a strong growth story associated with residential solar (20-25% MW in '21; 15% MW medium-term) and a management team with a history of value creation, we upgrade RUN to Overweight from Neutral."
Shares of Sunrun closed at $49.68 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Cowen Upgrades Square (SQ) to Outperform, 'Buy Now'
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades Cable One (CABO) to Neutral
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Upgrades Airbnb Inc. (ABNB) to Overweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!