Paychex (PAYX) PT Lowered to $115 at Stifel
- S&P 500 ends down as jobs data rekindles rate hike fear
- U.S. Adds 528,000 Jobs in July, Topping Estimates
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) (BRK-B) Posts Strong Operating Results Even As Buyback, Equity Buying Slows
- Amazon (AMZN) to Buy iRobot (IRBT) for $1.7 Billion
- Block (SQ) Stock Falls Despite Earnings Beat, Analysts Remain Positive
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel analyst David Grossman lowered the price target on Paychex (NASDAQ: PAYX) to $115.00 (from $140.00) while maintaining a Hold rating following earnings.
The analyst commented, "F4Q results were modestly above consensus and FY23 guidance largely in-line. Prior period trends continued with strong sales activity, employment trend and client retention, and management indicated it is not seeing any signs of an economic slowdown or impact from rising rates on its business. Consistent with this narrative, FY23 revenue growth guidance (7-8%) looks very similar to the FY21/FY22 results normalized for the compare, which may reflect some conservatism. FY23 margin guidance (flat to +100bp y/y) reflects many factors but appears aligned with historical performance. PAYX has been a relative outperformer (v. S&P500) since late March, most likely reflecting its defensive characteristics. While the stock has been a relative underperformer today versus the S&P500 (~450bp), we do not see anything in today's report that changes our fundamental view of the stock. PAYX's EPS premium to the S&P is 65%, above the higher-end of its historical range (45-55%)."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Western Digital (WDC) Outlook 'Uglier Than Expected'
- HT&E Ltd. (HT1:AU) PT Lowered to AUD2.35 at Credit Suisse
- Rocket Companies (RKT) Slides On Earnings, Revenue Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStifel, Standard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!