Palantir Technologies Inc. (PLTR) Wins a $90M Energy Dept Contract - William Blair
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
William Blair analyst Kamil Mielczarek reiterated an Underperform rating on Palantir Technologies Inc. (NYSE: PLTR) after news reports surfaced indicating that Palantir recently won a $90 million 5-year contract for the Department of Energy's Safety Analytics, Forecasting & Evaluation Reporting (SAFER) program.
The analyst stated "We expect Palantir to announce this contract soon in a press release or on its first-quarter earnings call. We also expect the Department of Defense to soon announce that Palantir renewed and potentially upsized its $300 million contract for the Special Operations Command (SOC) All Source Information Fusion (ASIF) program. Shares of Palantir in the past have jumped on such contract announcements. While this SAFER contract award and the likely ASIF renewal are positive and will likely lead to short term upside, we reiterate our Underperform rating and expect the downward trend to resume over the longer term on a confluence of factors. In our view, Palantir needs to significantly improve its commercial/enterprise performance, and win more of these types of government contracts to justify its 34 times sales multiple."
Shares of Palantir Technologies Inc. closed at $23.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stephens Upgrades IQVIA Holdings (IQV) to Overweight, Street High PT, 'Expect Positive Reports'
- Siemens AG (SIE:GR) (SIEGY) PT Raised to EUR170 at Jefferies
- 1&1 Drillisch AG (DRI:GR) PT Raised to EUR24 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesWilliam Blair, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!