Nomura Securities Upgrades Eastman Chemical (EMN) to Buy
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
Nomura Securities upgraded Eastman Chemical (NYSE: EMN) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $98.00 (from $85.00).
Analyst Aleksey Yefremov commented, "We think Eastman’s high and rising cash generation is not recognized, while major risks that have kept us on the sidelines since December are now reflected in the share price. Our bullish thesis is based on: (1) elevated adj. 2015E FCF yield of 8.5%, which does not reflect the upgraded quality of Eastman’s portfolio; (2) we expect management to clearly communicate the shift from M&A/debt paydown to share repurchases/capex; (3) better outlook for propane feedstock should lift earnings in 2015-17, accelerating as hedging expires in 2016; and (4) capacity cuts in cigarette filter tow (Fibers) limit pricing downside. We think the recent surge in the shares of competitor Celanese (CE) also highlights value hidden within EMN."
Shares of Eastman Chemical closed at $80.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nurix (NRIX) PT Raised to $48 at Needham & Company
- SSAB AB (SSABB:SS) (SSAAY) PT Raised to SEK54 at Jefferies
- Voestalpine AG (VOE:AV) (VLPNY) PT Raised to EUR35 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!