New York Times (NYT) PT Raised to $47 at Guggenheim
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Guggenheim analyst Curry Baker raised the price target on New York Times (NYSE: NYT) to $47.00 (from $46.00) while maintaining a Neutral rating following results.
The analyst commented, "The New York Times reported 2Q revenue of $498mm (vs. our $488mm) and adj. EBITDA of $92.9mm (vs. our $71.8mm) with the outperformance driven by digital advertising and lower sales/marketing costs. Digital subscriber net adds were 142K (with 77K at the core news product), compared to our 245K forecast (with 155K at the core news product). Core news product ARPU was up 1% y/y and 5% sequentially compared to 1Q21. Looking at 2021, we forecast 1.013mm net digital adds vs. 2.295mm net adds in 2020 (management continues to believe net adds will be similar to 2019 at 1.035mm). Our 2021E adj EBITDA is now $321mm (vs. $313mm prior). We expect incremental margin expansion for the year driven by digital subscription growth and the return of digital advertising above pre-pandemic levels, partially offset by ongoing investments in the newsroom, news product, adjacent products, and technology."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trustpilot Group PLC (TRST:LN) PT Raised to GBP4.40 at Berenberg
- AstraZeneca (AZN:LN) (AZN) PT Raised to GBP100 at Morgan Stanley
- PolyPeptide Group AG (PPGN:SW) PT Raised to CHF155 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!