Needham Highlights Why They Would Buy Roku Inc. (ROKU) on Weakness
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company analyst Laura Martin reiterated the price target on Roku Inc. (NASDAQ: ROKU) of $550.00 while maintaining a Buy rating after shares fell 9% in the aftermarket as a result of a difficult earnings report. Shares are down over concerns over weak active account growth in 2Q21 but the analyst would be a buyer on the weakness. Key things to like about the quarter include:
- Roku's Installed Base of active accounts reached 55mm homes, an all-time high;
- TTM ARPU reached $36, an all-time high;
- 2Q21 revs rose 81% y/y to $645mm, an all-time high;
- Platform Revs rose 117% y/y to 532.3mm, representing 83% of total revs and accelerating growth;
- ROKU's Upfront deals doubled in value, which should be a key rev growth driver starting in Sept
- and continuing through June 2022;
- Gross Margins rose 110 basis points, reaching a GM of 52.4% and $338mm of Gross Profit;
- EBITDA margins rose to POSITIVE 19% ($122mm) from negative 1% in the prior year period;
- New advertisers are coming to Roku owing to its originals strategy, indicating that Roku's LT plan
- is working now- in the ST,
- All 7 major ad agency holding companies are now working with ROKU and ROKU is using its
- content studio to become closer to brand advertising clients
The analyst stated "Our view is that COVID-19 pulled forward BY TWO YEARS the installed base of Roku's active users, so not adding new accounts as rapidly this year does not trouble us. The better numbers (to us) are ROKU's 81% rev growth and $122mm of EBITDA in 2Q21, up from a $3mm LOSS in 2Q20."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mitsui High-Tec Inc (6966:JP) PT Raised to JPY9,600 at Goldman Sachs
- Aeroflot (AFLT:MM) PT Lowered to RUR92 at Goldman Sachs
- NSFOCUS Technologies Group (300369:CH) PT Raised to RMB25 at HSBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!