Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- Wall Street extends slide on rising inflation fears
- Fed Has Already Changed its Policy Due to Inflation, Market Gambling Fears - Dick Bove
- U.S. consumer prices post largest gain since 2009 as inflation ramps up
- Bill Ackman said has been working on a transaction for Pershing Square Tontine (PSTH) for months
- FuboTV (FUBO) Surges After Crushing Views on New Subscribers Adds, Analysts Positive
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Morgan Stanley upgraded Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) from Equalweight to Overweight with a price target of $305.00 (from $242.00).
Analyst Adam Jonas comments "Adding 75k additional units of Model 3 to our 2018 estimate and nearly 100k units to our 2020 estimate results combined with the out-year impact adds a combined $81 to our Tesla target. Small offsets from the 4Q delivery pre announcement and higher capex takes our target to $305. Excluding the value of Tesla Mobility ($76/share) our price target would be slightly below the current share price. Over 100% of the upside to our $305 price target can be attributed to the value we ascribe to Tesla Mobility. We still apply zero value to Tesla from its recently completed acquisition of Solarcity and zero value for Tesla Energy."
Jonas' 4 key drivers of his upgrade are:
- We have revised Model 3 launch timeline and volume estimate, with a significant positive impact on earnings and our price target.
- The market is moving Tesla’s way on EVs.
- A recent pull back in efforts by tech firms to make complete vehicles represents a sea change in competitive pressure that we felt represented a great concern to Tesla over the past 2 years.
- Gigamerica: Tesla stands at the epicenter of US high tech manufacturing job creation which may benefit more than just symbolically under the new administration.
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $238.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- A 'Collection of Attractive and Growing Entertainment Assets': Disney (DIS) Price Target Raised at Morgan Stanley as 2022 is a 'Key Time to Own Shares'
- Superior Gold Inc. (SGI:CN) (SUPGF) PT Raised to Cdn$1.50 at BMO Capital
- Tesla (TSLA) Erases Decline, Up 0.1%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Tesla, Earnings, Definitive Agreement, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!