MongoDB (MDB) skyrockets after crushing results, guidance estimates; analysts buoyed
- Nasdaq falls as megacaps drop ahead of earnings, Fed meet in focus
- Recession EV price wars have started, expected another 15-20% in cuts - Chowdhry
- Johnson & Johnson shares tumble on reports talc unit bankruptcy case dismissed by appeals court
- 'Don't Fight the Fed' is still alive and this week will serve as a reminder - MS Wilson
- Ford to cut prices while 'significantly' increasing Mach-E production amid Tesla cuts
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Shares of MongoDB (NASDAQ: MDB) are trading almost 30% higher in pre-open Wednesday after the company reported better-than-expected earnings and outlook.
MongoDB crushed analyst estimates after reporting earnings per share of $0.23 on revenue of $333.6 million (up 47% year-over-year). Analysts were expecting a loss per share of $0.17 on revenue of $305.09M.
“The strength in our business was driven by improved Atlas consumption trends and continued strength in new business activity,” the company said in a statement.
For this quarter, MDB expects EPS between $0.06 and $0.08 on revenue of $334-337M. Analysts were looking for a loss per share of $0.14 on revenue of $315.1M. For FY2023, the adjusted EPS is seen between $0.29 and $0.31, smashing the average analyst estimate for a loss per share of $0.31.
MongoDB raised its full-year revenue forecast to $1.257-1.26 billion from the $1.20-1.21B range and higher than the estimate of $1.21B.
Goldman Sachs analyst Kash Rangan reiterated a Buy rating as Q3 results underscored "our thesis that the company is uniquely positioned to capture outsized share of one of the largest/most strategic TAMs in software.”
“At 7x EV/S (C23), we believe the risk/reward skews positive,” Rangan added in a client note.
JMP analyst Patrick Walravens upgraded MDB shares to Market Outperform from Market Perform with a price target of $215 per share. The upgrade comes after the company “delivered much better than-expected F3Q23 results as the company saw a rebound in Atlas consumption, particularly in areas that were below expectations in Q2, and continues to see "a healthy environment for new business",” Walravens said in a note.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SoFi (SOFI) stock gains 6% on earnings beat, strong profit forecast; analyst positive
- Cryptocurrency-exposed stocks fall as Bitcoin rally loses some steam
- SoFi Technologies (SOFI) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Earnings, Guidance, Hot List, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings, Pre Market Movers, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!