Marathon Patent Group (MARA) PT Raised to $17 at H.C. Wainwright
- S&P 500 slips from record high as job growth slows
- Private Sector Employment Increased by 330,000 Jobs in July, Missing Expectations
- General Motors (GM) Misses on Profit Estimates as Bolt EV Recall Weighs on Earnings, Challenging Chip Situation and 'Cautious' Profit Outlook Pulling Shares Lower Says Analyst
- U.S. services sector index races to record high in July -ISM survey
- Softbank-Backed Zymergen (ZY) Crashes Over 70% as CEO Departs, Product Revenue Not Possible in 2021 and 'Immaterial' in 2022, At Least 6 Firms Downgrade
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
H.C. Wainwright analyst Kevin Dede raised the price target on Marathon Patent Group (NASDAQ: MARA) to $17.00 (from $9.00) while maintaining a Buy rating.
The analyst commented, "Early last week, Marathon Patent announced yet another forward purchase agreement with Bitmain Technologies, the father of Antminer mining machines, but this one clearly establishes the front running industrial bitcoin miner in North America, even among the leading private companies we know. Per the company's announcement, an additional 70,000 next-generation miners are joining Marathon's fleet starting in July with the last of the shipments due in Dec. 2021, more than tripling Marathon's existing 33,000 next-gen miners and raising the fleet hash rate to 10.36 EH/ s from 3.56 EH/s—see our Dec. 14 note (yes, just four weeks ago, Marathon announced a 10,000 miner purchase) Miner Purchase Maxes Hardin Output—$20K Bitcoin Means More to Come; PT Up, Reit Buy. For competitive context, Core Scientific (private) announced a 59,000 miner purchase Dec. 17, also from Bitmain, that triples its fleet to roughly 77,000 miners generating 7.26 EH/s using 250MW, while Riot Blockchain (RIOT; Buy) announced a 10,000 Antminer purchase Dec. 21, raising its fleet capacity to 3.8 EH/s from 2.3 EH/s, and lastly, Foundry (a subsidiary of privately held DCG) announced an intent to invest $100M in crypto mining, which we estimate could translate to roughly 4.5 EH/s (in bitcoin terms), but we are scratching our head on where Foundry might be able to find machines at this juncture. Bitmain is sold out, contractually, as we understand it, but MicroBT, the manufacturer of WhatsMiner, might be an option as yesterday's HIVE Blockchain (HIVE-TSX; not rated) announcement serves, and there are other lesser known manufacturers. Another publicly traded Canadian bitcoin miner announced plans to deploy machines totaling 3 EH/s in South America, but the company has yet—publicly announced —to secure location or power to meet that strategic goal."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: H.C. Wainwright Upgrades BeyondSpring Inc. (BYSI) to Buy, $100 PT
- Cargojet Inc. (CJT:CN) (CGGJF) PT Raised to Cdn$235 at Scotiabank
- BeyondSpring's (BYSI) Plinabulin Data Represents Significant Advance, Patients Win 100%, $100 Price Target - Analyst
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Momentum Movers
Related EntitiesBitcoin, H.C. Wainwright
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!