KGI Sees Apple (AAPL) AirPods Shipments Doubling in 2018
- S&P 500, Nasdaq slide as weak economic data, dire outlooks stoke recession fears
- 'Snap Drops a Bomb': Snap (SNAP) Stock Crashes Nearly 30% on Forecast Cut, Musk-Twitter Saga to Get a 'Whole Lot More Interesting' Says Analyst
- Bill Ackman Says Fed Must Aggressively Raise Rates Now to Combat Inflation or Economy Will Collapse
- Intuit Shares Gain 3% on Q3 Earnings Beat and Raise
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/24: Wendy's Gains on Possible Peltz Deal, Nordstrom Up Following Earnings (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo estimates that shipments of Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) AirPods will rise around 100% YoY to 26-28 million units in 2018F.
Kuo comments that AirPods is the the most important accessory product in Apple’s wireless ecosystem. With Apple committed to providing the best possible wireless user experience, they see AirPods, which supports phone calls and music listening, as the most important accessory product in Apple’s wireless ecosystem.
"We believe demand for AirPods has been strong, and note that the shipping time of the product on Apple’s official shopping website has shortened to 1-3 days, mainly thanks to an improved assembly process and increased capacity from Luxshare-ICT as the new assembler (the previous sole supplier being Inventec (2356 TT, NT$22.65, OP))," the analsyt commented. "We expect AirPods to remain one of the most popular Apple accessories in 2018, with shipments likely to rise 100% YoY to 26-28mn units next year."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Active options: AAPL TSLA SNAP FB AMD NVDA ZM TWTR BAC AMZN
- Apple Unveils New Apple Watch Pride Edition Bands
- UPDATE: Societe Generale Upgrades JPMorgan (JPM) to Buy, 'Positive on NII, credit quality and IB trading'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!