Jefferies Upgrades Altria (MO) to Buy; 'Underappreciated RRP, Cannabis and ESG Optionality'
- Wall Street ends sharply higher, led by surging Dow
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Explores Sale - Report
- Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- 5 Companies Set to Hike Their Dividend Over the Next Few Weeks, 3 Dividend Aristocrats
(Updated - March 26, 2021 5:06 AM EDT)
Jefferies analyst Owen Bennett upgraded Altria (NYSE: MO) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $58 (from $40).
The analyst comments "With tobacco sentiment and value increasingly driven by RRP, we see near term data points at MO as favourable. Further, while optically MO's metrics would appear to be increasingly challenged if the shift away from smokers accelerates, we think this misses significant underappreciated optionality in vapour and cannabis via M&A, especially if selling its ABI stake to fund this. Increase our PT by 46% and upgrade to Buy."
Shares of Altria closed at $50.19 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades CrowdStrike Holdings (CRWD) to Buy Following Proprietary Survey
- UPDATE: BofA Securities Upgrades Marathon Oil (MRO) to Neutral
- CSN Mineracao S.A. (CMIN3:BZ) PT Raised to R$14 at JPMorgan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!