JPMorgan Defends GoPro (GPRO) on Sell-Off
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
JPMorgan analyst Paul Coster came out to defend GoPro (NASDAQ: GPRO) which is lower following a note from Piper Jaffray this morning highlighting that the company is not shipping to Amazon currently. Coster believes the sell-off represents a buying opportunity.
Coster said they believe this hiatus originates in a commercial dialog between GoPro and Amazon that "probably gets resolved by the end of the month and before the start of the holiday-season ramp." He also notes the hiatus does not apply to international Amazon sales.
The analyst said assuming said Amazon represents ~10% of sales, the one month impact would be 30K units through this channel, or less than $10 million in GoPro sales.
Coster said the decision to forego the Amazon channel for one month is a voluntary move on the part of GoPro. This likely means prortionately higher sales are going through the GoPro online store, which commands higher margins than other channels.
Based on a conversation with the company this morning, they believe GPRO will start shipping the Hero 5 into Amazon
in November, and ahead of the critical 6-week holiday period. Separately, Karma drones will be supply-constrained at the get go, so they expect the product to be allocated selectively to channel partners.
The firm reiterated an Overweight rating and price target of $16 on GPRO.
Shares of GoPro closed at $14.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS) Downgraded to Hold at Jefferies on Limited Upside Potential
- Merck KGaA (MRK:GR) (MKKGY) PT Raised to EUR200 at Morgan Stanley
- Ashtead Group Plc (AHT:LN) (ASHTY) PT Raised to GBP65.50 at Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, JPMorgan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!