Goldman Sachs Upgrades Constellation Brands (STZ) to Conviction Buy
- S&P 500, Dow slip from record highs; Coca-Cola rises on results
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Fell 20% Off the Highs Over the Weekend as Markets Got 'Too Excited' About Coinbase (COIN), Says Mike Novogratz
- UK to Intervene in Nvidia's (NVDA) ARM Deal, Analyst Says Although Intervention 'Carries Significant Weight,' NVDA is Still a Buy
- GameStop (GME) announces George Sherman will be stepping down as CEO
- Dollar slumps to 6-week low, Bitcoin steadies after weekend drop
(Updated - February 9, 2021 5:50 AM EST)
Goldman Sachs analyst Bonnie Herzog upgraded Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ) from Buy to Conviction Buy with a price target of $275.00 (from $255.00).
The analyst comments "Based on our deep-dive analysis, we believe the market is underappreciating: (1) the significance of Modelo’s distribution runway (based on our new bottom-up brand build & market analysis); (2) Corona Hard Seltzer’s imminent scalability (as capacity doubles this year and fully unlocks thereafter behind significant innovation launching this year); and (3) greater margin upside potential driven by a positive packaging mix shift in beer and upside to wine margins following the completion of the Gallo sale. We’re raising our EPS estimates slightly (still ahead of consensus) and 12-month price target by $20 to $275. We believe STZ’s valuation is compelling with the stock trading at a CY22 P/E multiple of 18.5x, an 8% discount to the market vs. its 5-year historical 13% premium despite accelerating top/bottom line growth. Also, based on our sum-of-the parts DCF analysis, we believe STZ is worth at least $300/share today. All in, we believe STZ remains one of the best growth stories across the U.S. Staples universe and advantageously levered to the most attractive opportunities in alcoholic beverages - premium import beer, hard seltzers, and premium W&S."
Shares of Constellation Brands closed at $229.64 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Li Ning Co. Ltd. (2331:HK) (LNNGF) PT Raised to HK$70 at Goldman Sachs
- Altura Energy Inc. (ATU:CN) (ATUUF) PT Raised to Cdn$0.25 at Stifel Canada
- Renesas Electronics (6723:JP) PT Raised to JPY1,410 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Goldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!