Goldman Sachs Upgrades Constellation Brands (STZ) to Conviction Buy
- Futures firm after tax hike proposal, business activity data eyed
- Snap (SNAP) Beats Q1 Estimates Amid 'Robust Ad Environment,' Analysts Raise Numbers and PTs
- Bitcoin sinks below $50,000 as cryptos stumble over Biden tax plans
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 24c, Offers Guidance
- Q2 Will Be a 'Pain Trade', Bonds to Outperform Stocks; Buy US Defensives - BofA
(Updated - February 9, 2021 5:50 AM EST)
Goldman Sachs analyst Bonnie Herzog upgraded Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ) from Buy to Conviction Buy with a price target of $275.00 (from $255.00).
The analyst comments "Based on our deep-dive analysis, we believe the market is underappreciating: (1) the significance of Modelo’s distribution runway (based on our new bottom-up brand build & market analysis); (2) Corona Hard Seltzer’s imminent scalability (as capacity doubles this year and fully unlocks thereafter behind significant innovation launching this year); and (3) greater margin upside potential driven by a positive packaging mix shift in beer and upside to wine margins following the completion of the Gallo sale. We’re raising our EPS estimates slightly (still ahead of consensus) and 12-month price target by $20 to $275. We believe STZ’s valuation is compelling with the stock trading at a CY22 P/E multiple of 18.5x, an 8% discount to the market vs. its 5-year historical 13% premium despite accelerating top/bottom line growth. Also, based on our sum-of-the parts DCF analysis, we believe STZ is worth at least $300/share today. All in, we believe STZ remains one of the best growth stories across the U.S. Staples universe and advantageously levered to the most attractive opportunities in alcoholic beverages - premium import beer, hard seltzers, and premium W&S."
Shares of Constellation Brands closed at $229.64 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Constellation Brands (STZ) PT Raised to $275 at BofA Securities After Looking at Potential Wine Divestitures
- Goldman Sachs Sees Southwest (LUV) Margins Expanding Beyond '19 Levels
- Goldman Sachs Reiterates Buy Rating on Las Vegas Sands (LVS) After 1Q EBITDA Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Goldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!