Goldman Sachs Upgrades Cisco (CSCO) to Conviction Buy
- Nasdaq closes lower as chipmaker Micron's warning renews tech rout
- Citi’s Top Equity Strategist Warns Analysts are Too Bullish on Stocks
- Bank of America Clients Continue to Buy the Rally, New Data Shows
- Novavax (NVAX) Crashes 30% After a Deep Guidance Cut, Analyst 'Frustrated'
- 'Hard to Say' Whether Current Crypto Bear Market is Over - Morgan Stanley
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Goldman Sachs upgraded Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) from Buy to Conviction Buy with a price target of $54.00.
Analyst Rod Hall comments "As market volatility increases we also see Cisco as relatively defensive in our sector. Cisco’s end markets remain healthy and improving, with US top 4 carrier capex growing 13% and hyperscale capex growing 29% in 2018, and our December 2017 CIO survey implying 3.4% growth in enterprise networking spending in 2018. While a macro downturn would likely impact enterprise spending, we see both hyperscale and carrier spending as late cyclical to the extent they are cyclical at all. We also believe the current campus switching refresh provides better than normal support for Cisco’s enterprise business."
Shares of Cisco closed at $43.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tyson Foods (TSN) Upgraded at Piper Sandler Despite Soft Demand
- Continental AG (CON:GR) (CTTAY) PT Raised to EUR86 at RBC Capital
- Credit Agricole SA (ACA:FP) (CRARY) PT Lowered to EUR13.80 at Citi
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Goldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!