Goldman Sachs Downgrades Williams-Sonoma (WSM) to Sell
- Tech pulls Nasdaq, S&P 500 down as Treasury yields rise
- Ford (F) Stock Soars on $11.4 Billion EV Partnership with Battery Maker SK Innovation (SKOVF)
- Merck (MRK) Said to Be Unidentified Suitor for Acceleron Pharma (XLRN), Not Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) - Report
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI) to Pay $18 Million to Settle Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Claims
- General Electric (GE) Price Target Raised at Cowen Ahead of Q3 Print
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Goldman Sachs analyst Kate McShane downgraded Williams-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM) from Neutral to Sell with a price target of $154.00 (from $193.00).
The analyst comments "Despite the supply chain disruptions that persisted for most of 2020 and carried well into this year, Williams-Sonoma has outperformed our and consensus expectations on the top-line, driven by elevated demand trends from a robust housing market and a bigger share of wallet devoted to the home furnishings category. Further, WSM margins have benefited significantly from the absence of promotions, as supply remains constrained and demand is elevated. With compares more difficult for WSM than other hardlines peers, and with the likely return of promotions in 2022 as supply/demand becomes more in balance, we think consensus estimates for 2022 could be too high after analyzing recent gross margin drivers and performing a sensitivity analysis. We therefore downgrade WSM to Sell from Neutral with a revised price target of $154, which implies 3% downside compared to 6% upside on average for our Specialty Hardlines coverage."
Shares of Williams-Sonoma closed at $158.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- British American Tobacco (BATS:LN) (BTI) PT Lowered to GBP35 at UBS
- Nippon Express (9062:JP) (NPEXY) PT Lowered to JPY9,400 at Morgan Stanley
- NAVER Corp. (035420:KS) PT Lowered to KRW480,000 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!