GoPro (GPRO) Holding Back Selling at Amazon was Strategic
- Wall Street pivots to value as Treasury yields rise
- EV Company Polestar To Go Public Via $20 Billion SPAC Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Price Target Lowered at Morgan Stanley Amid Rising Logistics Workforce Costs, Analyst Expects Stock to be Range Bound in Near Term
- Oil up on tight supply, Brent crude nears $80 a barrel
- Some Apple (AAPL) and Tesla (TSLA) Suppliers Suspend Production in China For a Few Days
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Dourgherty & Co analyst Charlie Anderson notes that GoPro has actually voluntarily held back on shipping the Hero 5 to Amazon.com in the U.S.. Thus, the only way to buy a Hero 5 on Amazon is through a third party as opposed to Amazon directly and it is not available for Amazon Prime shipping.
Anderson said GoPro told them they are doing this because of their displeasure over how its products were priced on Amazon recently. Because retailers like Best Buy (GoPro's No. 1 customer most quarters) now price match Amazon.com, the integrity of retail pricing is extremely important.
GoPro told them that Amazon.com is receiving the product internationally (price protection is not allowed in many international markets) and that its other retailer partners have picked up the excess units that would have originally gone to Amazon. GoPro does stock its products at 45K retail locations globally.
Importantly, according to Anderson, it sounds like Amazon will be receiving the products before the important Holiday weeks.
GoPro told Piper Jaffray that it will resume shipping to Amazon by the end of October/beginning of November.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Amazon (AMZN), Apple (AAPL) Other Large-Cap Tech Names Hit on Market Open
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd (KLK:MK) (KLKBF) PT Raised to R$21.72 at Daiwa Securities
- Giant Manufacturing Co Ltd. (9921:TT) (GTMUF) PT Raised to NT$470 at CLSA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!