General Motors (GM) News Supports $100+ Stock - Citi
- U.S. stocks, dollar sluggish, all eyes on Fed meet this week
- Chinese Tech Stocks Crushed on Fresh Regulatory Pressure
- Tesla (TSLA) IR Sent an E-Mail on Friday Suggesting a Q2 'Beat'
- Nearly $1 Billion Bitcoin (BTC) Shorts Liquidated Today Amid Amazon (AMZN) Rumors
- Aon (AON) and Willis Towers Watson (WLTW) Mutually Agree to Terminate Combination Agreement
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Citi analyst Itay Michaeli reiterated a Buy rating and $90.00 price target on General Motors (NYSE: GM) after the company raised H1’21 EBIT-adj. guidance to $8.5-9.5bln, and announced an EV/AV acceleration. The analyst said the news supports their view that the stock could see >$100 LT upside potential.
The analyst commented, "GM this morning raised its H1’21 EBIT-adj. guidance to $8.5-9.5bln (vs. $5.5bln originally), implying Q2 mid-point EBIT-adj. at ~$4.6bln vs. our $2.1bln estimate/consensus of ~$1.5bln. Besides the sizable beat, GM’s guide also implies Q2 EBIT-adj. could exceed Q1 despite semi disruptions. GM will update full-year guidance when it reports Q2, but we remain bullish on the H2+ outlook based on our new vehicle density survey, which suggested a ~2yr path to a ~20mln SAAR (vs. our ~18mln call last year)—Do They Want to Drive? Citi Survey Supports Path to 20mln SAAR. Besides a substantial guidance raise, GM also confirmed higher EV/AV investments through 2025 ($35bln vs. $27bln prior) and set an Investor Day for Oct 6-7—which we view as a clear catalyst opportunity to further reshape the narrative. Today’s news supports our conviction on the stock and we could see >$100 LT upside potential. GM
= Top Pick."
Shares of General Motors closed at $60.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Motors (GM) Expands Access of OnStar Vehicle Insights to Non-GM Vehicles
- Grupo Financiero Banorte, S.A.B. de C.V. (GFNORTEO:MX) (GBOOY) PT Raised to Peso153 at Goldman Sachs
- Realtek Semiconductor (2379:TT) PT Raised to NT$769 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!