General Motors (GM) News Supports $100+ Stock - Citi
- Dow, S&P 500 end with gains up after bumpy week, but Nike drags
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Citi analyst Itay Michaeli reiterated a Buy rating and $90.00 price target on General Motors (NYSE: GM) after the company raised H1’21 EBIT-adj. guidance to $8.5-9.5bln, and announced an EV/AV acceleration. The analyst said the news supports their view that the stock could see >$100 LT upside potential.
The analyst commented, "GM this morning raised its H1’21 EBIT-adj. guidance to $8.5-9.5bln (vs. $5.5bln originally), implying Q2 mid-point EBIT-adj. at ~$4.6bln vs. our $2.1bln estimate/consensus of ~$1.5bln. Besides the sizable beat, GM’s guide also implies Q2 EBIT-adj. could exceed Q1 despite semi disruptions. GM will update full-year guidance when it reports Q2, but we remain bullish on the H2+ outlook based on our new vehicle density survey, which suggested a ~2yr path to a ~20mln SAAR (vs. our ~18mln call last year)—Do They Want to Drive? Citi Survey Supports Path to 20mln SAAR. Besides a substantial guidance raise, GM also confirmed higher EV/AV investments through 2025 ($35bln vs. $27bln prior) and set an Investor Day for Oct 6-7—which we view as a clear catalyst opportunity to further reshape the narrative. Today’s news supports our conviction on the stock and we could see >$100 LT upside potential. GM
= Top Pick."
Shares of General Motors closed at $60.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Motors (GM) option implied volatility near lower end of range
- Beijing-Shanghai High Speed Railway Co (601816:CH) PT Lowered to RMB5.90 at Morgan Stanley
- Hisense Home Appliances Group Co Ltd (921:HK) (HISEF) PT Lowered to HK$15 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!