Generac Holdings (GNRC) downgraded at Generac on supply chain challenges
- Wall St edges lower as Fed fears mount
- Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P 500 weekly preview: Stocks rally likely over - analysts
- Public Storage (PSA) makes an $11 billion unsolicited offer for Life Storage (LSI)
- Goldman reacts positively to Newmont's new $17 billion bid for Newcrest Mining
- Soft landing already priced in, S&P 500 upside limited from here - Goldman Sachs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Generac Holdings (NYSE: GNRC) was downgraded to Hold from Buy with no price target by Argus analyst John Eade on Friday.
Eade told investors that although the "well-managed" company has a long record of market outperformance and earnings growth, supply chain issues have emerged, challenging Generac's sales and margins for the next few quarters.
However, the firm's five-year rating on the stock is a Buy rating on the stock. Eade explained:
"Generac designs, manufactures, and sells power generation equipment, energy storage systems, and other power products for the residential and light commercial and industrial markets. Over the long term, we think that the company is well positioned to address the impact of climate change and energy market disruption, 5G deployment, and increased automation in manufacturing."
However, he added that from a technical standpoint, the "shares have been in a bearish pattern of lower lows and lower highs since October 2021."
"Compared to a group of peers that serve similar markets (FAST, ECL, WMX, OC), the shares are trading at below-average multiples, which we think is reasonable given the company's near-term growth challenges. We may look to get the GNRC shares back on the buy list as the installation capacity constraints ease," the analyst concluded.
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital builds on confidence as Tesla (TSLA) shows they can spur demand growth
- News Corp (NWS:AU) (NWSA) PT Lowered to AUD37 at JPMorgan
- Hankook Tire Co Ltd (161390:KS) PT Lowered to KRW33,000 at Nomura/Instinet
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot List
Related EntitiesArgus, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!