GLJ Research Trims Tesla (TSLA) Q2 Delivery Estimates, Raise FY21
- S&P 500, Dow scale all-time highs as economy picks up pace
- Robinhood (HOOD) IPO Opens Flat
- Didi (DIDI) Gains on WSJ Report It Considers Going Private, Company Denies
- Facebook (FB) Tops Profit and Revenue Estimates, But Shares Lower on Warning of Significant Growth Slowdown, Analyst Still Raises PT to a New 'Street High'
- Hang Seng Index Rebounds as China Moves to Reassure Investors It Will Allow US IPOs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
GLJ Research analyst Gordon Johnson trimmed his Q2 delivery estimates on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) while bumping his FY 2021 delivery estimate.
The Q2 delivery estimate goes down to 194K from 196K, while 2021 goes up to 799.7K from 783.9K.
"The impetus for our decision rests with our view that Chinese sales in June 2021 come in around 30K..." Johnson commented.
While making the changes, Johnson said investors should be on the lookout for adjustments from other "select analysts".
"However, we will remind our readers, as is typical with TSLA, right ahead of month end, should the company see a number closer to our figure vs. Cons, TSLA's IR will likely send out a "delivery est. roundup" to select analysts, which, if history repeats, will move the "current" Cons est. lower (i.e., the bar will be moved lower in order to make it easier for TSLA to "beat")," he commented. "Stated differently, the next few days of Cons "adjustments" should be rather telling."
The reiterated a Sell rating and $67.00 price target on TSLA.
Shares of Tesla closed at $620.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla's (TSLA) EBITDA Margin May Be 'Too High' and Could Lead to $20K EV Prices - Morgan Stanley
- First Quantum Minerals Ltd. (FM:CN) (FQVLF) PT Lowered to Cdn$37.50 at National Bank Financial
- Baxter International (BAX) PT Lowered to $90 at Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesTesla, Gordon Johnson
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!