First Solar (FSLR) Shares are Soaring Today. Here's Why
- Wall Street ends mixed after punishing week
- '3600 is the New Bull Case': Outflows from Energy and Materials Highest in Several Years - BofA
- Dollar catches a break after bruising week as investors turn risk averse
- Apple (AAPL) is a 'Compelling Name To Own' Right Now, iPhone Sales Trending Ahead of Guidance - Wedbush's Ives
- Deere (DE) Falls on Sales Miss, JPMorgan Sees 'Aggressive' Guidance and Downside Risk
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shares of First Solar (NASDAQ: FSLR) are trading 5% higher today after Piper Sandler analyst Kashy Harrison upgraded the stock from Neutral to Overweight with a $90.00 per share price target (up from $80.00).
The analyst sees that the recent bookings momentum, driven by AD/CVD investigation, provides strong volume/pricing visibility through 2024.
“We view '22 as a trough margin year and see the potential for improving COGS as logistics normalize, new contracting structures de-risking margins manifest in '23/'24, and startup expenses associated with facility construction subside,” Harrison said in a client note.
The analyst forecasts that revenues and EBITDA could go from $2.4/$0.1B in '22 to $4.3/$1.2B by '24.
“Our upgrade is not a call on a tariff outcome as FSLR could have pricing/volume visibility through much of '25 by the time a preliminary tariff is announced in August. Finally, FSLR possesses option value if an energy bill is passed (lower probability... excluded from valuation). At 4.5x '24 EV/EBITDA with $1.1B of net cash expected at YE'22, we like FSLR's lower risk multi-year earnings growth outlook,” Harrison added.
FSLR shares are down over 30% YTD.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Foot Locker (FL) Pops on Beat-and-raise and Positive Commentary, Results Will Help Improve Stock Sentiment Says UBS
- Vallourec SA (VK:FP) (VLOWY) PT Raised to EUR20 at Societe Generale
- Morgan Stanley Sees Slower Margin Expansion Lightspeed POS Inc. (LSPD) PT Lowered to $31
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot List, Hot Upgrades, Momentum Movers, Upgrades
Related EntitiesEarnings, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!