Exxon Mobil (XOM) Price Target Raised on Stronger Upstream Performance
- Wall Street falls as jobs report keeps Fed on hike path
- U.S. job juggernaut rolled on in November; nonfarm payrolls up 263,000
- We are selling risk rallies - Bank of America's Hartnett
- United Airlines (UAL) nearing deal to order dozens of Boeing 787 Dreamliners - WSJ
- Meta Platforms says metaverse could contribute over $3 trillion to global GDP by 2031
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Wells Fargo's price target for Exxon Mobil (NYSE: XOM) Corporation was raised to $116 from $109, with its Overweight rating maintained on Friday.
Analyst Roger Read made quarter-end adjustments, also raising estimates for the oil and gas company.
"We raise our Q3 2022 EPS/cash flow estimates on stronger performance from the upstream, energy products and specialties segments partially offset by weaker chemicals performance," wrote Read. "Our new/old EPS estimates for 2022, 2023 and 2024 are $12.79/$12.50, $8.99/$8.57 and $8.15/$7.48."
Read said his firm remains in the minority view among Exxon's sell-side coverage with their Overweight rating.
"Despite the company's pledge to return approximately $30bn via share repurchases and a nearly equivalent amount via dividends in 2022 and 2023, skepticism seems to remain," added the analyst. "Given our 2023E and 2024E EPS estimates are in line with and below consensus, respectively, it appears the market remains in a "show me" state of mind.
However, Read feels a more extensive track record of demonstrating cash returns and operational execution might be required to change minds.
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zillow (Z) valuation multiple expected to re-rate higher in H2 2023 - UBS
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS:IN) PT Raised to INR2,850 at Nomura/Instinet
- Capital Power Corp. (CPX:CN) (CPXWF) PT Raised to Cdn$51 at Scotiabank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot List
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!