Deutsche Bank Upgrades BB&T Capital (BBT) to Buy
- Wall Street ends down after stunning jobs growth raises Fed questions
- Elon Musk wins 'funding secured' trial
- U.S. nonfarm payroll growth blows past forecasts in January, up 517k
- Analysts defend Apple (AAPL) as earnings miss drags shares lower
- Amazon (AMZN) drops after earnings, analysts worried about AWS uncertainty
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Deutsche Bank analyst Matt O\'Connor upgraded BB&T Capital (NYSE: BBT) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $53.00.
The analyst comments "We remain positive on the merger of BBT/STI (we discuss why below) and the combined stock. As a result, we are upgrading BBT to Buy to be consistent with our Buy rating on STI. Note that since the day after the BBT/STI deal was announced on Feb 7, BBT shares are down 11% (STI is -12%) vs. -6% for the BKX Index and +4% for the S&P 500. This follows a 4% rise in BBT and 10% increase in STI the day the deal was announced (vs. peers up less than 1%)."
Shares of BB&T Capital closed at $45.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Limited upside for Qualtrics International (XM) says Deutsche Bank analyst
- Centuria Office REIT (COF:AU) PT Lowered to AUD1.89 at Credit Suisse
- Daicel Corporation (4202:JP) (DACHF) PT Lowered to JPY980 at Nomura/Instinet
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Standard & Poor's, BB&T Capital Markets, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!