Credit Suisse Downgrades Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL) to Underperform
- Wall Street ends volatile week higher as Fed officials ease bank fears
- Deutsche Bank shares plunge after spike in credit default swaps
- 6-week inflows to bonds? Biggest ever; 7-day inflows to cash? $142.9 billion; Policy panic now 'inevitable' - BofA's Hartnett
- World stocks gyrate as bank contagion fears bite
- Activision (ATVI) gains 5% as UK's CMA narrows concerns scope in Microsoft (MSFT) deal
Get Alerts ODFL Hot Sheet
8 Buy, 14 Hold, 4 Sell
Rating Trend: Down
Today's Overall Ratings:
Up: 9 | Down: 10 | New: 12
Join SI Premium – FREE
Credit Suisse analyst Ariel Rosa downgraded Old Dominion Freight Line (NASDAQ: ODFL) from Neutral to Underperform with a price target of $323.00.
The analyst comments "Truck stocks posted strong gains on Friday, adding to sizeable gains since the start of the year, with shares of Old Dominion (ODFL) up +18% year-to-date. We downgrade ODFL to Underperform from Neutral, as its recent gains have lifted the stock above our $323 price target, which we leave unchanged based on a 27x target P/E on our 2023e EPS. Recent gains in trucking stocks seem to support the view in our 2023 Outlook that trucking rates, which have been under pressure since January 2022, are likely to bottom in the coming months as excess retail inventories get cleared and as truck capacity gets rationalized. This perspective was corroborated by 4Q commentary from truckers J.B. Hunt (JBHT) and Knight-Swift (KNX) expecting volumes to return in 2H23 and for freight rates to find support near current levels."
For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on Old Dominion Freight Line click here. For more ratings news on Old Dominion Freight Line click here.
Shares of Old Dominion Freight Line closed at $333.79 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- TD Cowen Downgrades Coinbase Global Inc. (COIN) to Underperform; 'appears headed for litigation against the SEC'
- China Communications Construction Company Limited (1800:HK) (CCCGF) PT Raised to HK$6.40 at JPMorgan
- Man Wah Holdings Limited (1999:HK) (MAWHF) PT Lowered to HK$9.80 at Citi
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!