Cowen Out Positive on AstraZeneca (AZN)
- Nasdaq ends at record high as Big Tech roars back
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Explores Sale - Report
- Bitcoin (BTC) Cracks $30,000 to Hit 6-Month Low, Here Are Next Targets Lower
- Dollar lower as Powell reaffirms pledge to not raise rates too quickly
- Splunk (SPLK) Lands $1 Billion From Silver Lake, Announces Buyback One Day After Activist Rumors Surface
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cowen analyst Steve Scala reiterated an Outperform rating and $66.00 price target on AstraZeneca (NASDAQ: AZN) ahead of a year with numerous catalysts: Enhertu PI data in HER2-low BC, Farxiga PI data in HFpEF, and Lynparza PI data in mCRPC; potential approvals for anifrolumab in SLE and roxadustat in anemia; tezepelumab filing in severe asthma; and the closing of the Alexion transaction.
The analyst stated "AZN's new product momentum, R&D portfolio, and top-tier growth justify its admittedly rich valuation, particularly given opportunity for upside over time. Alexion further strengthens the outlook. News flow should be sector-leading in 2021, and low relative exposure to U.S. market makes AZN less vulnerable to potential reforms. These attributes should drive AZN shares to top performance in 2021". "Our target price of $66 is based on 24x our 2021 EPS estimate of $5.50. While this is a rich target PE multiple, no other pharma offers the attributes mentioned above, justifying this premium valuation, in our view."
Shares of AstraZeneca closed at $50.21 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca's (AZN) Koselugo approved in the EU for children with neurofibromatosis type 1 and plexiform neurofibromas
- Sally Beauty (SBH) Gains After Being Upgraded at Both Cowen and Oppenheimer to 'Outperform' as Recent Pullback Creates Attractive Entry Point
- Calix (CALX) Highlighted as Best Telecom SMidcap Idea at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!