Citi Upgrades NIO (NIO) to Buy
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
(Updated - June 1, 2021 5:07 AM EDT)
Citi analyst Jeff Chung upgraded NIO (NYSE: NIO) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $58.30 (from $57.60).
The analyst comments "We sense a strong demand recovery from late Apr-21 in China NEV after SH auto shows, and expect NIO’s monthly new order volumes in May-Jun to be 20-30% higher than the average monthly level in 4Q20 peak season. After the recent stock price correction from the peak in 4Q20, we believe this is a good re-entry point for the long-term investors, given the ongoing re-rating catalysts. For context, see our downgrade note. We raise our 2021E/22E/23E sales volume to 90k/ 155k/ 225k – following China white goods and smartphone evolutionary trend. We expect NIO to further gain market share from other JV brands with slower than expected ramp-up pace in China."
Shares of NIO closed at $38.62 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sands China Ltd. (1928:HK) (SCHYY) PT Lowered to HK$31 at Morgan Stanley
- Computershare Limited (CPU:AU) (CMSQY) PT Raised to AUD17.60 at Morgan Stanley
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Great Wall Motor Co Ltd (601633:CH) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!