Citi Initiates Several Pair Trades to Play the Banks
- European shares drop ahead of cenbank meet, UniCredit jumps on profit beat
- Caterpillar Q4 earnings miss as costs weigh
- Strong EV demand helps General Motors top Q4 income estimates
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) likely to file for bankruptcy this week - Reuters
- UPS (UPS) misses on revenue, full-year guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Citi analyst Keith Horowitz initiates several pair trades to play the banks:
"We initiate Overweight CMA / Underweight RF as there is a wide discrepancy in the implied CoE between these two regional banks that are well positioned for higher rates and large potential buybacks. We expect to see some valuation mean reversion.
We see risk to market sensitive revenues in the current environment, and we initiate Overweight BK / Underweight NTRS as we see greater risk for downward revisions at NTRS. Additionally, NTRS trades at the lowest implied CoE in our universe, while BK trades among the highest.
We are also closing Overweight WFC / Underweight USB as our thesis that the rapidly rising rate environment would benefit WFC greater than USB has largely played out."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Today's most important upgrades
- Toromont Industries (TIH:CN) (TMTNF) PT Raised to Cdn$121 at Scotiabank
- Daiwa Securities Group Inc. (8601:JP) (DSEEY) PT Raised to JPY665 at Nomura/Instinet
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!