Cerner (CERN) PT Raised to $81 at Stifel as Signs of Growth are Emerging
- S&P 500, Dow hit record highs on bank earnings boost
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar heads for second week of losses as yields decline
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Stifel analyst David M. Grossman raised the price target on Cerner (NASDAQ: CERN) to $81.00 (from $75.00) noting that green shoots are coming up but the headwinds from the legacy core business will create a drag in the near term. CERN reported in-line revenue (down 3%) and EPS ($0.78, +4%). Excluding the impact of divestitures, revenue was up 1%, an improvement versus a decline of 1% in 3Q. Margins (+120bp y/y) were in line with consensus as well, and bookings were slightly above the midpoint of the guided range.
The analyst reiterated a Hold rating, stating "While there are exciting growth opportunities like HealtheIntent and Health Networks, the legacy core ex-Federal continues to decline. We estimate 4Q revenue was up 1%, ex-divestitures, better than the 1% reduction last quarter, but still declining y/y excluding the VA/DoD contract ramps. Management guided to 6% (midpoint) revenue growth in 2021, ex divestitures, or ~3% growth excluding Federal, which feels a tad ambitious despite easing compares. We feel more confident in the margin guide of +100bps y/y, which, combined with share repurchases, may provide some cushion on weaker revenue. We continue to look for signs of re-accelerating revenue growth outside of Federal (~20% of revenue) to get more constructive."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: BlackRock (BLK) PT Raised to $912 at BofA Securities on Strong ETF Business, A Trend Likely to Continue
- Mayne Pharma Group Ltd. (MYX:AU) (MAYNF) PT Raised to AUD0.83 at Canaccord Genuity
- Champion Iron Ltd. (CIA:CN) (CHPRF) PT Raised to Cdn$6 at Canaccord Genuity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!