Buy the Dip - JPMorgan's Kolanovic
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - January 27, 2021 10:46 AM EST)
JP Morgan's Global Quantitative and Derivatives Strategist Marko Kolanovic said the outlook remains positive, and investors should buy the dip.
Kolanovic said while some strategists are calling for a market correction or indicating equities are in a bubble, in addition to turmoil related to trading activity in small highly shorted stocks, he is "firmely positive."
He cited main reasons for these outlooks:
1) equity positioning is low in a long-term historical context, and we expect it to increase;
2) we expect the COVID-19 pandemic to rapidly subside at the back of vaccines and population immunity (already started to happen); and
3) we expect monetary and fiscal support to remain in place, driving consumption, global trade and demand for goods, and supporting higher inflation.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JP Morgan Bearish on Gold, China 'Disappears' from Buying Physical Gold
- Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology (2208:HK) (XJNGF) PT Lowered to HK$14.80 at JPMorgan
- China Longyuan Power Group Corp (916:HK) (CLPXF) PT Lowered to HK$14 at JPMorgan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!