BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades Alcoa (AA) to Buy on Cash Flow Recovery
- S&P 500, Nasdaq up as tech stocks rise after J&J vaccine pause
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises 1% after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Soars 5% to Fresh Record Highs Ahead of Coinbase IPO
BofA/Merrill Lynch upgraded Alcoa (NYSE: AA) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $18.00 (from $16.00) saying a cash flow recovery is looming.
Analyst Timna Tanners cited 1) a better cash flow outlook; 2) improved aluminum fundamentals; and 3) additional positive catalysts.
"With much of the costs related to closing high-cost operations now behind it and associated pension costs expected to also fall nearly $100M y/y, we expect FCF of $986B in 2015E and $1.3B in 2016E from an anticipated $288M in 2014E and $385M in 2013," Tanners said.
The firm believes consensus estimates and Al price forecasts are too low. "Even with a combined flat LME and Midwest premium
for 2015E y/y we arrive at $1.05 EPS and $4.1B EBITDA, well above consensus at $0.85 and $3.8B. Permanent closures and better demand have helped the market," the analyst said. "We don’t factor in its announced Firth Rixson acquisition, providing upside for ‘16E."
The analyst sees upside to $21 if they assume Midwest premiums are steady.
The firm raised FY 2014 EPS from $0.70 to $0.80, FY 2015 EPS from $0.85 to $1.10 and FY 2015 EPS from $0.95 to $1.15.
Shares of Alcoa closed at $15.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: BofA Securities Upgrades Ameren Corp. (AEE) to Buy
- Booking (BKNG) Upgraded to a 'Buy' at Jefferies as Travel Expected to Rebound in 2H2021
- Textron (TXT) PT Raised to $70 at Jefferies on Comp Asset Valuation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!