BofA/Merrill Lynch Reinstates Groupon, Inc. (GRPN) at Underperform
- Wall Street closes mixed, S&P 500 ends off record high
- Private Sector Employment Increased by 330,000 Jobs in July, Missing Expectations
- General Motors (GM) Misses on Profit Estimates as Bolt EV Recall Weighs on Earnings, Challenging Chip Situation and 'Cautious' Profit Outlook Pulling Shares Lower Says Analyst
- Exclusive-U.S. developing plan to require foreign visitors to be vaccinated -official
- Softbank-Backed Zymergen (ZY) Crashes Over 70% as CEO Departs, Product Revenue Not Possible in 2021 and 'Immaterial' in 2022, At Least 6 Firms Downgrade
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Updated - July 21, 2017 6:49 AM EDT) (updated to expand analyst comment)
BofA/Merrill Lynch reinstates coverage on Groupon, Inc. (NASDAQ: GRPN) with a Underperform rating and a price target of $3.50.
Analyst Akshay Bhatia believes consensus expectations remain way too high and believes the company will most likely struggle to drive sustainable and profitable growth in light of the challenges faced with customer retention trends.
Furthermore "we expect purchase frequency will be slow to increase as Groupon takes a cautious approach at rolling out higher engagement products."
FY 2017 EPS estimate is for $0.11, FY 2018 EPS estimate is for $0.12 and FY 2019 EPS estimate is for $0.16.
Shares of Groupon, Inc. closed at $3.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA Upgrades Simon Property (SPG) to 'Buy' on Positive Inflection Points and Revival of Redevelopments
- Paycom Software (PAYC) PT Raised to $500 at Jefferies After Growth Returns to 30%
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR) PT Raised to $130 at Jefferies as EBITDAR Beats by 25%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!