BofA Securities Upgrades ConocoPhillips (COP) to Buy for 3 Reasons
- Wall St falls as growth stocks slide, Target weighs on retail shares
- Target (TGT) Falls on Big EPS Miss, Analyst Says Results are 'Disappointing'
- This Rule with a Perfect Track Record Says the Market Hasn't Bottomed - BofA
- Lowe's (LOW) Pops on Better Than Feared Results, Analyst Praises Expense Control
- Apple Stock Earns a New Street-high Price Target at Wedbush on iPhone 2023 Cycle
(Updated - May 5, 2021 7:13 AM EDT)
BofA Securities analyst Doug Leggate upgraded ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $67.00 following the recent pullback on increasing value of a key investment and sustainably strong oil prices.
The analyst stated "we are adding ConocoPhillips (COP) back to our Buy list (from Neutral) guided by the discipline of a transparent value framework with a PO raised to $67 from $65 based on the improved value of its holding in Cenovus Energy (NYSE: CVE) and improved balance sheet. Since we lowered our rating in early March the shares have pulled back to levels we view as attractive but with a different macro outlook from when oil peaked close to $70 (Brent). Forward Brent now stands at the highest level of the year so that on prospective free cash we agree with management that the shares look undervalued to warrant a step up in buy backs."
Shares of ConocoPhillips closed at $52.57 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Roth Capital Upgrades DraftKings Inc. (DKNG) to Buy
- Philippine National Bank (PNB:PM) (PPINF) PT Lowered to PHP21.10 at Credit Suisse
- Oil & Natural Gas Corp Ltd. (ONGC:IN) PT Lowered to INR155 at Nomura/Instinet
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!