Benchmark Starts Canopy Growth Corp (CGC) at Buy
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 25, 2018 8:11 AM EDT)
(updated to add analyst comment)
Benchmark analyst Mike Hickey initiates coverage on Canopy Growth Corp (NYSE: CGC) with a Buy rating.
The analyst puts his price target at CAD$100.00.
Hickey offers four reasons for his positive view:
Canopy’s early leadership in the medical cannabis market in Canada,
upcoming legalization of recreational cannabis in Canada,
international growth from countries that have legalized cannabis and likely future legalization of cannabis for medical and recreational use in the US and overseas, and
meaningful investment from Constellation Brands, which accelerates the ongoing build-out of its international production and distribution operations and domestic retail infrastructure to meet rapidly growing global demand, and which enables M&A opportunities and internal development of new brands and products that use cannabis as an active ingredient.
Further he believes the international opportunity for the company "is enormous" as the global market could reach upwards of CAD$285 billion in the coming 15 years. He also calls the Constellation Brands investment "a game changer."
Shares of Canopy Growth Corp closed at $52.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Britvic Plc. (BVIC:LN) (BTVCY) PT Raised to GBP9.30 at Goldman Sachs
- Insurance Australia Group Ltd. (IAG:AU) (IAUGD) PT Lowered to AUD5.41 at Goldman Sachs
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUVR:IN) PT Raised to INR2,800 at Macquarie
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!