Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) Crashes 40% on Ryan Cohen Exit, Analyst Warns the Worst is Yet to Come
- Wall Street ends sharply higher as Treasury yields dip
- Apple Falls 4% on Report It Will Not Ramp Up iPhone 14 Production, Analyst Not Surprised
- Biogen (BIIB) Surges After 'Best-Case' Alzheimer's Drug Trial Results; Stock Earns Several Upgrades
- Europe Stock Outflows 'Worse Than During COVID Panic' - Citi
- Oil up 4% as Bulls Storm Back In on Hurricane, Crude Draw and Dollar Drop
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Shares of Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ: BBBY) are down over 40% in premarket trading Friday on several news and disclosures.
In a move that will raise eyebrows, investor Ryan Cohen’s RC Ventures' filing showed that it had sold its entire 11.8% ownership stake. Moreover, the company’s CFO Gustavo Arnal sold 55,013 shares of BBBY this week at prices ranging from $20 to $29.95.
Adding to an already negative news flow, BBBY said it hired the law firm Kirkland & Ellis for debt help. This law firm is known for its work in restructuring and bankruptcy situations.
BBBY stock price is now trading at $10.80 in premarket Friday after plunging nearly 20% yesterday. Just two days ago, BBBY shares were trading above $26.
Despite a sharp move lower, Telsey Advisory Group analyst Cristina Fernandez warns the worst is yet to come.
“Bed Bath's weak financial position, uncertain economic environment, leadership overhaul, poor execution, and lack of clear strategy keep us cautious on the stock,” Fernandez said in a client note and reiterated the Underperform rating and a $3 per share price target.
“With the stock still up 272% from the $4.99 it traded at after its last earnings report on June 29, we believe the shares have significant risk to the downside,” she concluded.
Fernandez’s comments come a day after Wedbush downgraded BBBY stock to Underperform with a price target of $5.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- DocuSign (DOCU) Shares Pop on Restructuring Plan, 9% Staff Cuts
- Agree Realty (ADC) Announces 5M Share Common Stock Offering
- 2 Defense Stocks Downgraded at Wells Fargo Today
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Corporate News, Hot Comments, Hot List, Insider Trades
Related EntitiesEarnings, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!