Baird Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Outperform
- Wall St ends sharply lower after Powell warns inflation fight continues
- U.S. Fed delivers small rate hike amid global banking turmoil
- PacWest says it would not be 'prudent' to go ahead with capital raise
- Meme stocks rally after GameStop posts surprise fourth-quarter profit
- Boeing (BA) secures a deal to sell 21 737 MAX jets to Japan Airlines - Reuters
Get Alerts TSLA Hot Sheet
30 Buy, 20 Hold, 9 Sell
Rating Trend: Down
Today's Overall Ratings:
Up: 15 | Down: 9 | New: 13
Join SI Premium – FREE
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Baird upgraded Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) from Neutral to Outperform with a price target of $300.00 (from $230.00).
Analyst Ben Kallo commented, "We believe investor skepticism has significantly increased since we downgraded TSLA on Oct. 6, and although we were concerned about the rate of Model X deliveries, recent data points show production is accelerating, which should drive deliveries and margin expansion throughout 2016. Additionally, we believe TSLA is ahead of expectations on reducing battery costs, and continues to have a significant lead on competing EVs. We would be buyers at current levels."
- Model X concerns are similar to the Model S introduction, although TSLA is a more mature company.
- We recently visited the factory and viewed dozens of Model Xs in production.
- We believe no capital raise will be needed in the next few quarters, and availability for bridge financing remains robust.
- Battery cost reductions are likely ahead of most estimates.
- High short interest sets up stock for potential catalysts of Model III introduction and Q1 deliveries announcement.
For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on Tesla Motors click here. For more ratings news on Tesla Motors click here.
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $207.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nasdaq Trades at High, Up 1.35%
- Wharf Holdings Ltd. (4:HK) (WARFY) PT Raised to HK$23.70 at HSBC
- Sino Land (83:HK) (SNLAY) PT Raised to HK$12 at HSBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla, Ben Kallo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!