B.Riley Upgrades AMC Entertainment (AMC) to Buy
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
(Updated - April 5, 2021 7:25 AM EDT)
B.Riley analyst Eric Wold upgraded AMC Entertainment (NYSE: AMC) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $13.00 (from $7.00).
The analyst comments "We are also taking this opportunity to upgrade AMC Entertainment Holdings (AMC) from Neutral to Buy along with raising our PT from $7 to $13. We have remained impressed with management’s ability to weather the pandemic headwinds by both strengthening the balance sheet and negotiating with landlords to improve the cash runway into 2022. And as the largest exhibitor in North America that also operates the highest number of premium IMAX screens, we view AMC as well positioned to benefit from the industry’s projected resurgence and return to pre-pandemic attendance levels by 2023. Our only concern and reason for the prior Neutral rating had been the high levels of debt on the balance sheet and the strain this could place on future cash flows. However, with management increasingly signaling the ability and willingness to utilize equity to reduce the debt load, we can now be more constructive on the upside opportunity for the shares."
Shares of AMC Entertainment closed at $9.09 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Argus Upgrades Carnival Corporation (CCL) to Buy
- Macquarie Upgrades Nanya Technology Corp (2408:TT) to Outperform
- Advantest Corp (6857:JP) (ATEYY) PT Raised to JPY12,650 at Macquarie
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!