Argus Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Buy, $333 PT
- S&P 500 ends lower on mixed Fed messages, PCE on deck
- Salesforce lifts annual guidance after Q3 earnings beat expectations; stock jumps
- Economic outlook deteriorates as growth, inflation slows: Fed's Beige Book
- UAW push to organize Tesla (TSLA) and non-union auto sector
- After-hours movers: Salesforce, Snowflake jump on strong results
Argus upgraded Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $333.00.
While the company has faced production shortfalls and cost overruns over the past 18 months, they believe that the company has made progress in addressing these issues and that it is poised for much stronger performance in the coming quarters.
The analyst also notes the company completed construction of its battery production plant or “Gigafactory” in Nevada, which management believes will reduce battery pack costs by more than 30%. The lower battery cost will allow Tesla to price its third-generation vehicles at about $35,000.
The firm is cutting 2016 non-GAAP EPS estimate to $1.25 from $1.48 based on our higher cost expectations. Meanwhile, they are initiating a 2017 non-GAAP EPS estimate of $3.21, or more than double our 2016 forecast. They project revenue of $11.18 billion, up 31% from their 2016 estimate.
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $232.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA Securities Upgrades RBC Bearings (RBC) to Buy; 'Bearing the fruits of strong execution'
- Wedbush maintains Outperform on Tesla (TSLA) ahead of 'historical' launch event
- Petco Heath & Wellness Co. Inc. (WOOF) PT Lowered to $3 at Baird, Downgraded to Neutral, 'profit stabilization/inflection is proving more elusive'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesArgus, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!