Alibaba (BABA) Reiterated Outperform at CLSA After Earnings
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
CLSA analyst Elinor Leung reiterated a Buy rating and $351.00 price target on Alibaba (NYSE: BABA) after the company reported 3QFY21 (Dec) revenue increased 37% YoY to Rmb221.1bn (+27% YoY, ex-Sun Art), 4.4% above expectations. Adjusted Ebita increased 20.9% YoY to
Rmb61.3bn, 1.7% above our estimate. Core CMR sustained 20.4% YoY growth driven
by Tmall’s GMV and new monetisation. AliCloud and Cainiao also grew a robust c.50%
YoY. The higher investment in core marketplaces was offset by narrowing losses from
new strategic businesses.
The analyst stated "AliCloud revenue sustained robust 50% YoY growth to Rmb16.1bn, driven by revenue from customers in its internet and retail business and public sectors. The segment’s adj. Ebita turned positive for the first time given scale economies. Growth decelerated from 60% YoY in the Jun/Sep quarters, likely due to the timing of revenue recognition. AliCloud will continue to see high growth given the early stage of the market and its technology edge."
announced that it is raising investment while monetization is expected to rise and AliCloud represents a new profit driver.
Shares of Alibaba closed at $265.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chr Hansen Holding A/S (CHR:DC) (CHYHY) PT Lowered to DKK610 at UBS
- Movida Participacoes SA (MOVI3:BZ) PT Lowered to R$20 at Morgan Stanley
- United Internet AG (UTDI:GR) PT Raised to EUR36 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!